choosing the right medium to engage the audience
It's great to do the research and to capture the tales, but we need to make sure they don't stay locked away in computer files or boxes. The key to communicating family stories is choosing the right medium. There's a myriad of methods that can be used to engage all generations. With many years of communication experience, I can help you work out what is best for your needs.
Just a few of the ways I can help you to share your stories include:
- creating family tree charts and reports from your information (printed or digital)
- editing your family history manuscript
- conducting oral history interviews (audio and/or video) to be shared in digital format with written transcripts
- writing micro-tales from your family story (digital and/or printed)
- advising you on on-line options for your stories, such as creating a blog or social media group
- creating annotated maps to illustrate your family story
- creating slideshows of photos or documents (with captions, if required)
- compiling photo essays
Each of these options and its final output is as unique as the stories you want to tell, so I offer a free no-obligation 30 minute discussion where we can chat about what you want to share and with what audience(s). After that, I prepare a scope of the project with a quote of the cost before you give me the go-ahead by signing a service agreement and paying an upfront retainer.Let's get started!